This post: 55 Father-Daughter Quotes That Prove She’ll Always Be Daddy’s Little Girl
Written By: Marybeth Bock
There’s nothing quite like the special bond between a dad and his daughter. It starts the moment he looks down at his precious little girl and sees her tiny fingers and toes and her sweet smile that melts his heart.
To his little girl, Dad is her first love, her first fierce protector, her biggest cheerleader, and the one who makes her laugh. He’s the powerful influence in her life who says she can, who says she’s capable, and who helps her realize she is beautiful and worthy. He gives the best hugs and is always there to take her call, help her change a tire, and lift her up when life gets her down… he’s Dad.
The teen years can change the Dad-Daughter relationship. But remember – it’s only temporary.
Suddenly, to her, Dad might be too overprotective, a little embarrassing, and his corny jokes not quite as funny. But the challenges of those tween and teen years don’t last long. Soon enough, life carries Dad’s little girl right back to his open arms where she welcomes his goofy jokes, life wisdom, worldly advice, and endless stories.
We’ve compiled a heartwarming selection of quotes that capture the special, loving relationship between a dad and his daughter. Tuck a few of these away to get through those hard days, Dads. She’s still – and forever will be – your little girl. Here are 55 father-daughter quotes that prove she’ll always be daddy’s little girl.
55 Father-Daughter Quotes That Prove She’ll
Always Be Daddy’s Little Girl
1. A man’s daughter is his heart… just with feet, walking out into the world. ~Mat Johnson
2. Go on, take on this whole world. But to me, you’ll always be my little girl. ~Tim McGraw
3. Dads are most ordinary men turned by love into heroes, adventurers, storytellers, and singers of songs. ~Pam Brown
4. Confident women are raised by loving dads. ~Nitya Prakash
5. She did not stand alone, but what stood behind her, the most potent moral force in her life, was the love of her father. ~Harper Lee
6. Being a daddy’s girl is like having permanent armor for the rest of your life. ~Marinela Reka
7. A daughter may outgrow your lap, but she will never outgrow your heart. ~Jeremiah Say
8. My dad believed in me, even when I didn’t. He always knew I could do this. ~Taylor Swift
9. The smile of a daughter is the secret purpose of every father. ~Graciousquotes.com
10. When my daughter says, ‘Daddy, I need you,’ I wonder if she has any idea that I need her a billion times more. ~Stanley Behrman
11. Old as she was, she still missed her daddy sometimes. ~Gloria Naylor
12. A girl’s father is the first man in her life, and probably the most influential. ~David Jeremiah
13. When my father didn’t have my hand, he had my back. ~Linda Poindexter
14. A father is neither an anchor to hold us back nor a sail to take us there, but a guiding light whose love shows us the way. ~Anonymous
15. My best smile is probably when I’m holding my daughter. ~Chance The Rapper
16. Like moonlight on water and sunlight in the sky, fathers and daughters never say goodbye. ~Michael Bolton, “Fathers and Daughters”
17. To a father growing old, nothing is dearer than a daughter. ~Euripides
18. A father holds his daughter’s hand for a short while, but he holds her heart forever. ~Graciousquotes.com
19. It was my father who taught me to value myself. He told me that I was uncommonly beautiful and that I was the most precious thing in his life. ~Dawn French
20. The love between a father and daughter knows no distance. ~Anonymous
21. If dad says she’s beautiful, THEN SHE IS. If dad says she’s smart, THEN SHE IS. If dad says she can accomplish anything in life, THEN SHE CAN. Research has proven that a father’s influence in his daughter’s life shapes her self-esteem, self-image and confidence, and empowers her to take risks. His powerful example also creates the gold standard for future romantic relationships. Oh… Dads, you’re so important. ~Raising Teens Today
22. There’s something like a line of gold thread running through a man’s words when he talks to his daughter, and gradually over the years, it gets to be long enough for you to pick up in your hands and weave into a cloth that feels like love itself. ~John Gregory Brown
23. To her, the name of father was another name for love. ~Fanny Fern
24. I am a princess not because I have a prince, but because my father is a king. ~Graciousquotes.com
25. He gives her the best gift a woman can get in this world: protection. And the little girl learns to trust the man in her life. ~ Adrianna Trigiani
26. When a father gives his daughter an emotional visa to strike out on her own, he is always with her. Such a daughter has her encouraging, understanding daddy in her head, cheering her on; not simply as a woman, but as a whole unique human being with unlimited possibilities. ~Victoria Secunda
27. Every dad wants his daughter to grow up with dignity, self-respect, grace, humility, virtue and significance. ~Darrel Billups
28. Daughters always revel in their mother’s admiration. And daughters always bask in their father’s love. ~Hendrith Vanlon Smith, Jr.
29. In the darkest days, when I feel inadequate, unloved, and unworthy, I remember whose daughter I am and I straighten my crown. ~Unknown
30. A good father will leave his imprint on his daughter for the rest of her life. ~James Dobson
31. Life doesn’t come with instructions, but it does come with a dad who answers all my calls. ~Anonymous
32. I love my father as the stars – he’s the bright shining example and a happy twinkling in my heart. ~Terri Guillemets
33. There will always be a few people who have the courage to love what is untamed inside us. One of those men is my father. ~Allison Lohman
34. Dear daughter, I will not always be sweet and nice, and I will not always be crazy about your choices and decisions. But I will always be here to guide and support you because I love you. ~Anonymous
35. I love my daddy. My daddy’s everything. I hope I can find a man that will treat me as well as my dad. ~Lady Gaga
36. Daddy and daughter ~ not always eye to eye, but always heart to heart. ~Unknown
37. Certain is it that there is no kind of affection so purely angelic as a father to a daughter. ~Joseph Addison
38. I learned from you that I do not crumble. I learned that strength is something you choose. All of the reasons to keep on believing, there’s no question that’s a lesson that I learned from you. ~Miley Cyrus ft. Billy Ray Cyrus, ‘I Learned From You.’
39. Having a daughter makes you see things in a different way. This is my only girl. So, I don’t care what it takes to protect her. You can call it what you want to call it. As long as you treat her the same way I treat her, like my princess, I don’t mind. ~Tracy Morgan
40. It’s the sweetest thing to be a parent of a daughter. When they hit their twenties, they become these lovebugs that come back. It’s just so sweet. ~Garth Brooks
42. Daddy, thanks for being my hero, chauffeur, financial support, listener, life mentor, friend, guardian, and simply being there every time I need a hug. ~Agatha Stephanie Lin
43. I think my mom put it best. She said, ‘Little girls soften their daddy’s hearts.’ ~Paul Walker
44. Daddy, you may be giving me away today, but I will always be your little girl. Never forget I loved you first. ~Unknown
45. My Daddy was my hero. He was always there for me when I needed him. He listened to me and taught me so many things. But most of all, he was fun. ~Bindi Irwin
46. A son is a son ’til he gets a wife; a daughter is a daughter for the rest of her life. ~Irish saying
47. You’ve had me wrapped around your finger since the day you were born. ~Tim McGraw
48. (My father) has always provided me with a safe place to land and a hard place from which to launch. ~Chelsea Clinton
49. My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person; he believed in me. ~Jim Valvano
50. Father and daughter have a special bond. She is always daddy’s little girl. ~Richard L. Ratliff
51. My father gave me my dreams. Thanks to him, I could see my future. ~Liza Minnelli
52. Behind every great daughter is a truly amazing dad. ~Graciousquotes.com
53. When people look inside my life, I want to hear them say, ‘She’s got her father’s eyes – her father’s eyes that find the good in things when good is not around.’ ~Amy Grant, “Father’s Eyes”
54. No one in this world can love a girl more than her father. ~Michael Ratnadeepak
55. Dear Daddy, no matter who I marry, you’ll always be the man I loved first. ~Unknown
Marybeth Bock, MPH, is Mom to two young adults and one delightful hound dog. She has logged time as a military spouse, childbirth educator, college instructor, and freelance writer. She lives in Arizona and thoroughly enjoys research and writing – as long as iced coffee is involved. Her work can be found on numerous websites and in two books. Follow her on Facebook and Instagram.
If you enjoyed, “55 Father-Daughter Quotes That Prove She’ll Always Be Daddy’s Little Girl,” here are a few other posts you might enjoy!
Share your thoughts in the comments section below. What are your favorite father-daughter quotes?