If you love pizza and you happen to fancy BLT sandwiches, you’re going to love this recipe!
It’s a twist on traditional pizza with a bunch of unique flavors tossed in that your taste buds don’t expect. I mean, seriously, is it really considered pizza if it doesn’t have pizza or tomato sauce in the recipe? And, who ever heard of pizza with lettuce?
Let me tell you though, all these amazing flavors combined turn out the most wonderful, tasty and flavorful pizza you’ve ever eaten. My husband calls it “the best of every flavor he loves!”
I stumbled onto this recipe in Taste of Home Magazine and I just had to try it! Since then, I’ve made a few tweaks here and there and now it’s become one of my family’s all-time favorite recipes.
I hope your family enjoys it as much as mine!
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust or rectangular pizza crust (I use Brooklyn Bred rectangular crust - Image of package below)
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken (or use the ready-made Tyson chicken)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar/jack cheese (packaged cheese that is 1/2 Cheddar and 1/2 Monterey Jack.)
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 8 slices ready-to-serve fully cooked bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- I cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 small tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp ranch salad dressing mix
- 3 tbsp 2% milk
- Place crust on an ungreased pizza pan or cookie sheet. Combine softened cream cheese with minced shallot, spread evenly over crust. Top with shredded chicken, cheese and bacon.
- Bake at 425 degrees 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is lightly brown on edges.
- While pizza is in the oven, place sour cream, 2% milk and ranch dressing salad mix in a small bowl. Whisk to combine.
- When the pizza is done, sprinkle with lettuce, tomatoes and drizzle lightly with the ranch dressing mixture.
- For the pizza crust, I used Brooklyn Bred. The package comes with two crusts - I used one for the recipe.
- If you want to switch things up a bit with this recipe, trade out the drizzle of ranch dressing and replace with a drizzle of your favorite barbeque sauce! Either way, it's delicious!