Every great salad starts with fresh ingredients and ends with a killer dressing.
I love salads… I love everything about them! And, honestly, there’s just so much to love about this salad. First of all, it’s so darn pretty! When you’re finished making it and you stand back and look at what you’ve created, you’re in awe of your talent. At least that’s how I feel every time I make it!
Aside from how pretty it is, this salad is healthy and packs a ton of flavor. It kicks off with chicken, lettuce, red onion, fresh avocado, corn, cucumbers and cilantro and finishes with a killer dressing made with Cajun seasoning, onion powder and minced garlic (plus a bunch of other amazing flavors). It’s one of those recipes you find yourself craving when you haven’t had it in a while.
When you make this salad, feel free to dance around with the flavors a bit (my way of saving add a little more or less depending on your taste). Be sure to make the dressing in a separate bowl and try it before tossing it into the salad so you can adjust the flavor to your liking. Your taste buds may be calling for a bit more salt, pepper or a hint more Cajun seasoning. Make it the way YOU like it!
- 1/2 Ib. cooked chicken thinly sliced
- 3 cups romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 cucumber cut lengthwise and thinly sliced (peeled or unpeeled depending on preference)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1/4 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 1 ear of corn cooked & kernels removed
- 1 medium avocado cut into chunks
- 1 tbs cilantro
- 1/2 lime sliced (optional)
- 4 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt (to taste)
- 1/4 tsp cajun seasoning (to taste)
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp oregano
- Prepare the dressing by combining all ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk to combine thoroughly.
- Add all salad ingredients in a medium-sized serving bowl.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat.
- Garnish with sliced limes (optional).
- This salad has a bit of a kick to it. If you'd like to tone it down, simply cut back on the Cajun seasoning.
- You can either cook or grill your own chicken (which tastes amazing), but if you're running short on time simply pick up Tyson's ready-made grilled chicken at your grocery store. It's a quick and delicious alternative.