This Post: 75 Fun and Funny Questions to Ask Your Teen
Written By: Morgan Hill
We all know teens can be hard to talk to even under the best of circumstances. With grunts and one-word answers so often being the norm, maybe it’s time to get them to answer some serious questions. And by serious, I mean seriously fun!
(Because seriously… life is too serious already!)
So, when you’re at the dinner table, driving them to practice, or maybe when you’re all gathered together this holiday season, try tossing out a few of these fun questions to get your teen in on the conversation and maybe, get them laughing. Anything is better than the usual serious talks about homework, chores, and why their room is such a mess, right?
Pick from our list below or come up with your own questions and don’t forget to let your teen turn the tables on you! Here are 75 fun and funny questions to ask your teen:
75 Fun and Funny Questions to Ask Your Teen
- If I was never allowed to ask you a specific question ever again? Which question would you choose?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
- If you had to wear one outfit for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- Binge-watch or wait until each episode drops?
- If you had to eat pizza or Chick-fil-A chicken nuggets for the rest of your life, which one would you choose?
- Dancing With the Stars or The Voice? Why?
- Shorts or pants?
- Mexican food, Ramen, or Pizza – what can’t you live without?
- Which do you prefer, sweet or spicy?
- What is the one piece of advice you’d give your younger self?
- Oceans or mountains – which do you prefer?
- What’s the first thing you would buy if you won the lottery? Would you share your winnings?
- Which fast food could you eat every day for the rest of your life?
- If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
- If you had the money to buy any car you want, which car would you choose? Why?
- Which can’t you live without – ketchup, mustard, or Chick-fil-A sauce?
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would you change?
- If you could change one thing about me, what would you change?
- TikTok, Instagram, or Snapchat – which one can’t you live without? Why?
- What’s the best thing that’s ever happened to you?
- Dogs or cats?
- Would you rather get a back rub, a foot rub, or neither?
- If you had to guess, what do you think you’ll be doing in 10 years?
- Married young or wait until you’re older? Two kids, six kids, or none?
- What’s your favorite type of movie – movie-musical, horror, drama or comedy?
- What’s your all-time favorite holiday? Why?
- Luxury hotels or roughing it camping under the stars?
- Vintage or modern?
- What’s the one thing you love the most about your best friend?
- If you could meet any celebrity who would it be? Why?
- If you could pick any concert to go to, who would it be?
- What movie could you watch over and over again? Why?
- Adidas, Nike or Lululemon? OR is there another brand you love?
- Black Friday or Cyber Monday?
- What’s your idea of the perfect Saturday night?
- Would you rather sleep ’til noon or get up early and hike a mountain?
- If I handed you $50 right now, what would you do with it?
- Starbucks, Dunkin’ Donuts, or neither?
- If you had the chance to go into outer space, would you go?
- New York, Los Angeles, Hawaii, or Italy? Where would you live if you had the chance?
- Which do you dislike the most – being too hot or being too cold?
- Which is best? Elementary, middle, or high school?
- Would you ever want to go Vegan? Why or why not?
- Head to the mall or shop online?
- What’s your fave – t-shirts or sweatshirts?
- What’s your idea of the perfect boyfriend or girlfriend?
- What’s your idea of the perfect date?
- Spend or save?
- Pineapple on pizza, yes or no?
- Snowy and cold or sunny and warm?
- What food are you sure you’ll never try?
- What’s your favorite family tradition? Why?
- If you could revisit one day from your younger childhood, which day would you choose?
- Weights or cardio?
- Would you rather snow ski or jet ski?
- If you could work for any company in the world, which one would you choose?
- What is your dream college? Why?
- What’s your least favorite sport? Why?
- Chinese, Mexican, or Italian food? What’s your fave?
- Which would you prefer – life in the big city or life out in the country?
- In college, would you prefer dorm or apartment living?
- What’s your all-time favorite salty food?
- Pool, Lake or Ocean?
- Would you rather own a fancy boat, a jet, or a sports car?
- What’s the one chore you hate the most?
- Would you ever want to get your pilot’s license?
- Surfing or skateboarding?
- Jeans or PJ bottoms?
- If you and I could do one cool thing together before you move out, what would you like to do?
- Where do you think you’ll be in five years? Are you happy with where you are now?
- Stuffing, mashed potatoes, or french fries? What’s your fave?
- Are you excited or scared to grow up? Why?
- Ice skating or roller skating?
- Which is better – homemade food or delivery?
- What’s the one thing you love the MOST about your Mom and Dad?
About Morgan Hill:
Morgan Hill is an essayist and humorist. She has written for many online and print publications including Insider, Your Teen Magazine, Revel, and MASK Magazine. She is the mother of freshman and senior sons in high school. When not writing, she can be found at flea markets, in her garden, photographing architecture, taking cooking classes, or eating the stinkiest cheese she can find. You can also find her on Twitter @MorganHWrites or Instagram @MorganHillWriter