Has it been a while since your kids ate broccoli without a bribe? Here’s a recipe that’s incredibly easy, delicious and it’s 100% teen-tested!
I have to admit, I’ve never been a huge fan of broccoli, that is until I found this recipe. There’s something about the blend of flavors that has you coming back for more. The sharp bite from the onions, the tangy sweetness of the dressing and the irresistible saltiness of the bacon is amazing. When I make this broccoli salad, it doesn’t stick around long. Honestly, my kids eat it within a few hours… it’s really THAT good! Plus, this recipe is perfect for game day, potlucks, gatherings or it ‘s also easy enough to make on a busy weeknight. Give it a try and don’t forget to let me know what you think!
- 2 heads fresh broccoli (not frozen)
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese (Don’t buy the pre-grated stuff for this; buy a block and grate it yourself. The texture is much better.)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sugar
1. Chop bacon into bite-sized pieces and cook to desired crispness. Drain on paper towels.
2. Chop broccoli florets into bite-size pieces. Combine broccoli, bacon, chopped onions and cheddar cheese in a large bowl.